What if you could use your body’s own natural substances to fill in lines and wrinkles? Read on as to how you can “trick” your body into fixing its own wrinkles as a natural alternative to Botox.
What is Botox?
Botox is the most popular cosmetic procedure in the United States, since it’s fairly inexpensive, quick and pretty painless. When administered correctly, wrinkles are less noticeable for 3-6 months.
Botox is a highly-purified and dilute form of a neurotoxin produced by the bacteria Clostridium botulinum. In large doses this causes food poisoning, but in small doses paralyzes muscles. Botox is injected directly into (usually) facial muscles so that they don’t contract anymore, causing the wrinkles to relax. This doesn’t actually ‘fix’ the wrinkle – it’s still there, but patients report looking more rested and relaxed. The side effect also is that the muscle doesn’t work at all (temporarily), and has been known to cause people to look frozen and unexpressive – since they literally can’t move parts of their face!
Botox works, and temporarily improves the appearance of lines and wrinkles, however not every one wants to have a paralyzing toxin injected into their face. Some studies, such as this one published in the Journal of Biomechanics, show that even muscles which were not injected with Botox showed wasting and atrophy, with muscle turning into fat!
The Key is More Collagen, A Natural Alternative to Botox
Our skin contains less collagen as we age, which is why skin that previously had “bounce” now sags and shows wrinkles. Did you know that using AHAs on your skin trick your skin into producing more collagen? And that your body’s own collagen plumps up fine lines and wrinkles from the inside. Regular use of a peel containing Alpha-Hydroxy-Acids (Lactic Acid, Glycolic Acid, Citric Acid, Tartaric Acid, and Mandelic Acid are all examples of AHAs) has been show in scientific studies to encourage this skin to produce more collagen.
New studies also show that taking collagen oral supplements, whether as capsules, powdered, or in juice, also show increases in skin’s collagen. As well, using retinoids (tretinoin, retinoid acid, retinol, etc) also fade hyper pigmentation and plump up fine lines and wrinkles. So using a good peel should be part of your anti-wrinkle regimen!
Take a look at a woman using our Fruit Acid peel – this is only after 2 weeks of occasional use, and you can clearly see an improvement in the lines around eyes and mouth, as well as the line connecting the nose and mouth (nasolabial fold). Read what she has to say here:
Product Review: I had one of those never-ending pimples on my left cheek that started to form in mid-August. It took several weeks for it to get to the point where it was an actual post- inflammatory hyperpigmentation mark, and not an active pimple disguising itself as PIH. It’s been over three months since I’ve been battling this bugger in some form or fashion; and the PIH is seemingly just as stubborn as the pimple that caused it.
I used the [re]fresh 15% Fruit Acid Peel four times in two weeks: twice on its own and twice layered on top of my other regular peels (mandelic and lactic, both 40%). I wasn’t expecting the [re]fresh fruit acid to be a miracle product for this one spot because of its strength, but I was absolutely curious to try it and I’m really glad I did.
Although the super-human PIH didn’t fade much over the two weeks, I definitely saw noticeable improvement in the fine lines under my eyes. They are smoother and my overall skin is softer. I also saw a decrease in the redness around my nose and inner cheeks.
Bright Skin Peel Pads
Best for Sensitive Skin
- Exfoliates with gentle combo of Salicylic Acid and Mandelic Acid
- Resurfaces with the anti-aging power of plant-based retinol alternative, Bakuchiol
- Brightens: Packed with skin-brightening botanicals Mulberry, Bearberry, and Licorice.
- Soothes red, irritated skin with Willow Bark and Green Tea extracts
- 50 pads per Jar
Fragrance-free, Alcohol-free, Gluten-Free, No Added Colors
Day and Night Serum Duo
24-hour care for sensitive skin showing signs of aging
- Fights signs of aging and dryness. Promotes a brighter more even-toned complexion.
- Vitamin C Day Serum protects skin from free radical damage caused by exposure to the sun, environmental pollution, and HEV blue light emitted by computer and phone screens.
- Retinol Night Serum is a waterless concentrate packed with antioxidants and botanicals that gently reveal gorgeous smooth skin while you dream.
- Contains (1) Vitamin C Day Serum, 1 fl oz, and (1) Retinol 1% Night Serum, 1 fl oz
Love Your Skincare Gift Set
Love Your Skincare package includes:
- Probiotic Face Cleanser 4oz enriched with 2 types of probiotics to restore skin’s balance
- Triple Brightening Active Serum 1oz to brighten and exfoliate all skin types, revealing a more-even-toned complexion
- Hyaluronic Moisturizing Cream that will gently moisturize any skin type
Hyaluronic Acid Hydration Serum
Crack open the bubbly, we’re celebrating soft skin hydration without greasiness. This light, water-based serum improves skin’s elasticity and hydration so skin is moisturized and dewy soft.
Vegan hyaluronic acid binds up to 1,000x its weight in water to keep skin from getting thirsty. Oat Extract, Goji Berry, and Peptides, also work to help skin retain its natural moisture barrier.
- Oil-free moisture for all skin types
- Provides smooth base for makeup
- Fights signs of aging and dryness
- Healthy skin primer: Provides a smooth base for makeup, and won’t clog pores
Retinol 1% Night Serum
Our waterless concentrate gently resurfaces gorgeous smooth skin while you dream. Granactive Retinol firms skin, reduces age spots and pore size, but with little irritation.
Tomato fruit extract and Astaxanthin are powerful anti-oxidants to repair skin from the damaging effects of UV exposure and pollution and repair the signs of aging.
- Works overnight to resurface skin
- Skin is firmer and more supple
- Fights signs of aging, repairs sun damage
Vitamin C Day Serum
Ultra-light serum for combination to oily skin types
- Next-generation form of Vitamin C for better penetration and stability, protects skin from UV damage.
- Evens out skin tone and reduces the appearance of dark spots
- A powerful antioxidant cocktail for a brighter complexion
Fruit Acid Gel Facial Peel
- Incredible Anti-Aging: This organic peel will dramatically improve the appearance of fine lines, shrink pores, and increase skin’s elasticity for a youthful and flawless glow.
- Erases fine lines, dark spots and improves skin’s texture and tone while revealing noticeably smoother, healthier skin
- Skin is noticeable brighter and complexion is more even-toned after first application
⇒ AS SEEN IN VOGUE
Triple Brightening Active Serum
• A multi-tasking daily active serum with four key active botanicals to brighten all complexions and reduce the appearance of marks and blotches.
• Glycolic acid gently encourages new skin cell turnover to smooth and soften. Licorice, Bearberry, and Kojic Acid leave skin brighter and more even-toned.
⇒ AS SEEN IN VOGUE
Vitamin C Serum + Vitamins E, B, Ferulic
- Clinical Strength 20% Vitamin C
- Our Powerful Blend of Ferulic Acid, and Vitamins C, B3, B5, and E Combine for a Unique Antioxidant Delivery System to Protect Skin from Premature Aging, Free Radical Damage to Cells, Oxidative Stress, UV Damage, and Environmental Pollution.
- Rich in Hyaluronic Acid: Our facial serum delivers intense hydration for even the driest skin, and penetrates skin deeper than a regular moisturizer.
- Lightens and Smooths Skin for a Flawless Complexion
⇒ AS SEEN IN Allure
Peptide+ Intense Eye Recovery Serum
• Clinically proven to work. Studies show after 8 weeks a 42% improvement in skin texture, 35% reduction in dark circles, and a 31% reduction in puffiness around the eyes.
• Reduces inflammation and UV damage
• Safe for all skin types Non-irritating, fragrance-free gentle cooling eye treatment contains no artificial colors, parabens, sulfates, or alcohol.
Restore Hyaluronic Moisturizing Cream
A lightweight but rich post-treatment moisturizer to hydrate and protect newly-revealed skin.
Hyaluronic Acid holds up to 1,000 times its’ weight in water, binding moisture to even the driest skin without greasy residue.
Squalane is produced naturally by skin, but levels decrease as skin ages. Derived from olives, Squalane is ultra-hydrating and over time fades pigmentation, scars, and reverses UV damage while fighting free radicals.
Lactic Acid 10% Gel Peel
Our gentlest exfoliator removes dead and damaged skin cells without irritation. Lactic acid speeds skin cell renewal and improves skin’s ability to retain moisture.
• Reduces the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, and other signs of aging
• Brightens skin tone after first application
• Smoothes and softens skin
Probiotic Face Cleanser
Non-stripping cleanser gently removes dirt and makeup, while fortifying skin against UV free radical damage. Enhanced with potent anti-oxidants derived from Rose Hip Seed Oil and Astaxanthin. Two kinds of skin-friendly probiotic bacteria, Lactobacillus and Fermented Radish Root, maintain skin’s natural protective barrier and promote balance.